We never want to reduce the amount of food going to food banks. Each farmer and distributor we work with is informed from the beginning of Imperfect’s policy that they should never sell us food that would otherwise go to food banks. If they do, we will reevaluate our relationship with the grower and work with them to prevent further occurrences.
Articles in this section
- Is all your produce local/from the US?
- How many farmers do you partner with?
- What size and type of farms are you supporting?
- Which farms do you partner with?
- Why don’t you offer more variety?
- How do you make sure your farmers and distributors don’t sell you produce that would’ve otherwise gone to food banks?
- Why don’t you list your farmers and distributors?
- Do you source produce exclusively from local farmers?
- Do you ever source from middlemen, like food hubs and grower representatives, instead of growers/farmers directly?
- Why do you not disclose the exact price you pay for your produce?