All orders are delivered in a compostable and recyclable cardboard box. Because we want to reduce packaging as much as possible, most of our produce is placed directly into this cardboard box. Some items like tomatoes, mushrooms, and dates are packaged in small paper bags for quality and quantity assurance. Items like brussel sprouts and small peppers are packaged in compostable bags or mesh bags. Many items, like strawberries, are packaged directly on the farm so if we are selling an item that has already been packaged in plastic, we won't repackage the item. However, we do make sure to list that the item comes in plastic in the product description during customization if you'd like to opt out of plastic packaging altogether.
Articles in this section
- How far does your produce travel?
- How is your produce packed?
- How do I know what’s in season in my area?
- Produce Identification Guide
- What makes the produce “ugly?”
- Is your produce organic?
- How is your produce cheaper than grocery store produce?
- Does ugly produce taste the same as "normal" produce?
- Why does some of your produce look perfectly normal? Are you buying produce that otherwise would just go to the grocery store?
- How do you measure/weigh your produce?